Last update: December 13th, 2021
This Policy applies to our website sweetsixteen.ca (“Website”). However, please note that the rights and obligations described in this Policy do not cover third-party websites that may be linked to or mentioned on our Website. These third-party websites have their own privacy policies, and we encourage you to read them carefully.
The Personal Information you provide to Mondoux will not be used for any purpose other than as permitted by the law and in accordance with this Policy.
By using the Website or providing Personal Information, you consent to the collection, use, disclosure and retention of that information in accordance with the terms of this Policy. We encourage you to read this Policy carefully. If you do not consent, please do not disclose your Personal Information to us and stop using the Website.
1. WHAT IS “PERSONAL INFORMATION”?
Personal Information is any information that directly or indirectly identifies a natural person by reference to a single element or in combination with others. This includes, without limitation, first name, last name, telephone number, mailing address, email address, credit card information, etc. (collectively “Personal Information”).
This Policy does not apply to Personal Information of employees, consultants or other individuals associated with Mondoux, or to any information that is not Personal Information, such as information of a purely commercial nature.
2. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
WITH YOUR CONSENT
Generally, we will obtain the Personal Information we need directly from you with your consent, subject to any applicable legislative or regulatory exceptions. For example, Mondoux may need to proceed without your consent where, for reasons of fraud detection or prevention, seeking your consent would defeat the purpose.
Mondoux collects your Personal Information primarily from you, such as when you contact us, register for our services or use our Website. Your Personal Information may also be collected through cookies, or from third parties as permitted by applicable law or if we have obtained the necessary consent.
We collect and use only the information required and necessary for the purposes identified below, based on your consent or as permitted or required by applicable law.
REFUSAL OF COLLECTION AND WITHDRAWAL OF YOUR CONSENT
You have the right, if you wish, to refuse the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information. You may also, at any time, and subject to reasonable notice and applicable legal or contractual restrictions, withdraw your consent to the use of your Personal Information in our possession by contacting us. You should be aware, however, that if you choose not to provide us with your Personal Information, it may affect the provision of our services to you. For example, this may prevent you from accessing online shopping or other services with us, as this information is essential to the provision of the requested service.
We would also like to inform you that anonymized information, which does not identify you, may continue to be used despite your withdrawal of consent.
USE FOR SECONDARY PURPOSES
Depending on the circumstances, Mondoux may also ask you to consent to the use of your Personal Information for secondary purposes, such as market research, or to supply its databases. Your consent for secondary purposes may be withdrawn at any time by contacting us, without affecting the provision of our services to you.
3. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
In the course of our business and provision of services, we may collect the following Personal Information, among others:
- Your contact information (e.g., first and last name, date of birth, email address, mailing address or telephone number) for identification and correspondence purposes;
- Your login details, such as your username and your password;
- Your demographic information, such as your gender, date of birth and age;
- Your communication preferences;
- Your comments or survey responses, if any;
- Your professional application and qualifications for job applications;
- Any other Personal Information you have provided to us.
Mondoux also collects information relating to the use of its Website, including technical information on your visits, your IP address during your last connection, your operating system, the type of device used, the screen resolution used, your browsing language, your origin, your geolocation and any other information collected through cookies. For more information in that regard, we invite you to read the section “Cookies and Other Similar Tools”.
4. WHY DO WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal Information collected by or on behalf of Mondoux may be used for the following purposes:
- To enable you to use the Website, to provide you with the requested services, to maintain, update and improve them;
- To respond to your information, technical support or complaint and feedback requests. In other words, if you need help, we will do our best to be there for you;
- To communicate with you and assist you in the provision of our services;
- For research and development, statistical or analytical purposes and to improve the use of our Website and your customer experience. In other words, we want to make sure that you enjoy your experience and that our services meet your needs;
- For recruitment purposes and job applications;
- As permitted or required by any applicable legal or regulatory requirement or provision;
- Any other purpose to which you have consented.
5. COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR TOOLS
As mentioned in the previous sections, we may use various tools to improve your experience on our Website and to better understand our users’ behavior, particularly in connection with our marketing strategies. The following section is intended to give you more information about our use of these tools and how we perform profiling, if applicable.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
THE COOKIES WE USE
Mondoux may use various types of cookies. As explained below, some of these cookies are strictly necessary for the proper functioning of the Website, while others will be used, if you have consented, for functional, performance or targeting purposes, or to share content on social networks:
- Strictly necessary cookies. We use strictly necessary cookies to enable proper functioning of our Website, our security measures and those of third parties. Without these cookies, the services you have requested cannot be provided.
- Functional cookies (also known as “preference cookies”). These cookies are not essential to the provision of our services. If you have consented to their use, these cookies facilitate personalization and enhance your user experience. For example, they store your communication and language preferences.
- Performance cookies (also known as “statistical cookies” or “analytical cookies”). These cookies are not essential to the provision of our services. If you have consented, we use performance cookies to understand how you interact with our Website. Our partners may also use these cookies to analyze your use of our Website and provide us with information about it. These cookies only provide statistics. For more information on our use of these cookies, see the “Analytics Tools” section.
- Advertising cookies. These cookies are not essential to the provision of our services. If you have consented, we use advertising cookies to show you relevant advertising content, including on social networks. Also, our partners may use these cookies to determine whether our advertisements were displayed to you and if so, whether you interacted with them. In such cases, our partners will share data with us, including statistics about the performance of our advertisements.
- Sharing Cookies. Our Website includes social networking features such as the Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube or Instagram share button. If you use these features, they collect your IP address and the page you are visiting on our Website and create a cookie to allow content viewed on our Website to be linked to your user account on those social networks, if applicable. These features may be hosted by a third party or directly on our Website.
If you consent, Mondoux uses analytics tools to analyze your browsing behavior on our Website. In addition, we use the Google Analytics tool offered by Google LLC (“Google”), to collect information about how you navigate our Website. You can get more information about Google Analytics here.
Mondoux also works with third party advertising companies such as Facebook Ads, who collect and use information about your visits to our Website in order to present you with advertising that may be of interest to you. Mondoux does not share any information that would allow the advertising companies to identify you. Mondoux also uses Facebook’s Custom Audience feature to target advertising to the interests of our customers and prospects. We encourage you to check your Facebook privacy settings if you wish to manage your advertising settings. You can get more information here.
CHARACTERISTICS OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Our Website includes social media features such as the share buttons from LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter or interactive mini-programs that run on our Website. If you use these features, they collect your IP address, the page you visit on our Website, and create a cookie to enable these features to function properly. These features may be hosted by a third party or directly on our Website.
DEACTIVATION OF COOKIES TO WHICH YOU HAVE CONSENTED
With the exception of strictly necessary cookies, we will only place cookies on your device with your consent, and they will be retained for a maximum of thirteen months from the time they are placed on your device. At the end of this period, your consent will again be required.
You may also manage your cookie settings at any time by following the instructions below. However, if you choose to decline cookies, some pages or sections of our Website may not display properly, or some features may not be available. Also, even if you choose not to receive ads targeted to your interests, it will still be possible to see ads from Mondoux, but in this case the ads will simply not be tailored to your interests and may be displayed more frequently.
- Set your choices on your browser.You can manage your cookie settings by changing the settings on your browser or mobile device. For details on how to set your browser, please consult the help center for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge or Opera.
- Set your choices on social networks. If you want to change your settings for sharing cookies via social networks, we invite you to go directly to the sites of these social networks: Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/;
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy?;
- YouTube: https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies?hl=fr;
- Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/.
- Disable analytics tools. You can disable Google Analytics by installing this add-on.
6. HOW DO WE DISCLOSE OR SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may share your Personal Information in the course of our business with various stakeholders, such as suppliers, partners and employees. However, we strive to share your Personal Information only as described below:
- Our employees. In the course of their work, our employees may need to access your Personal Information, for example when you contact us for technical support. Their access is limited to what is necessary to perform their task.
- Our agents and service providers. From time to time, we may need to share your Personal Information with agents or service providers to help us make features of our Website available (for example: maintenance, analysis, legal requirements, fraud detection, marketing and development). For more information on the transfer of Personal Information, see the section “Do we transfer your Personal Information outside of Quebec?”.
- When required by applicable law, to enforce compliance or to protect the property or safety of our rights or those of others. For example, we may disclose Personal Information to legal or regulatory authorities where we suspect money laundering, insider trading, manipulative or deceptive business practices or other criminal activity, to detect and prevent fraud, or to comply with legal or regulatory requirements of governmental authorities, regulatory bodies or other self-regulatory organizations. We may also need to disclose Personal Information to comply with a legal obligation (e.g., court order) or to protect our assets (e.g., to collect overdue accounts).
- Anonymously. Anonymized Personal Information may be shared with third parties. For example, we may anonymize Personal Information in order to determine trends or statistics.
7. DO WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF QUEBEC?
The Personal Information we collect is stored on secure servers with restricted access, generally based in Canada, either on our own servers or those of third-party service providers. Please note, however, that data collected by or shared with third parties, including Google Analytics and Shopify, may be stored outside of Canada, including in the United States. We take reasonable steps to ensure that any third-party service provider provides a safe and appropriate environment and robust and effective security measures to protect your Personal Information.
Our service providers and partners are selected for their expertise and reliability. They act on our behalf and at our direction. We authorize these service providers to use your Personal Information only to the extent necessary to perform services on our behalf or to meet legal requirements. If you have any additional questions on this subject, we invite you to contact us.
8. WHAT ARE THE PROTECTIONS AND SECURITY MEASURES FOR YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The security of your Personal Information is one of our priorities and we are committed to taking all reasonable steps to prevent the disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction of your Personal Information.
In order to do so, Mondoux follows generally accepted industry standards, particularly with respect to encryption, firewalls and security protocols. The Personal Information in our possession is therefore only accessible to persons who have the authority to access it and who consult it only when necessary for the performance of their duties.
Appropriate physical, technical, and administrative safeguards and security measures have been put in place and are maintained to minimize the risk of incidents. These measures include, for example, restricted access to the physical office and to the Personal Information. If you believe that your Personal Information has been compromised, we invite you to contact us.
9. RETENTION PERIOD FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
Personal Information is retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes set out in this Policy or as required by law for retention periods, if any, including tax regulations. As such, the length of time we retain your Personal Information varies depending on the purpose for which it is used. At the end of this period, we endeavour to destroy or anonymize this information. If you would like more information on this subject, we invite you to contact us.
You can also request the deletion of your account by sending an email request.
10. HOW DOES MONDOUX PROTECT CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. Mondoux does not knowingly collect, use or disclose information from children under the age of 13. If you believe that information has been collected from children under the age of 13, you may contact Mondoux according to the terms set forth in the section “Contact us”.
11. THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS AND PLATFORMS
12. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Depending on the applicable law, you may have certain rights, such as:
- Access to your Personal Information;
- Rectification of Personal Information if it is incomplete, inaccurate or misleading, or if its collection, disclosure or retention is not permitted by any applicable law;
- De-indexation of your Personal Information, where applicable;
- Data portability;
- Removal of your email address from our newsletter mailing list, if applicable;
- Withdrawing your consent to the disclosure, use and communication of your Personal Information, if applicable
To exercise these rights, we invite you to contact our Privacy Officer in writing as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below. We will process requests for access or modification in accordance with the applicable law.
13. CONTACT US
You may contact us at any time if you have any questions, comments, want to change your communication preferences, learn about our privacy practices, protection and retention of your Personal Information and to exercise your rights. Our contact information is as follows:
Head office: 1610 Place de Lierre, H7G 4X7, Laval (Qc)
Toll free: 1-844-659-2931
We reserve the right to revise, update, supplement or make changes to this Policy at any time. If material changes are made to the Policy, you will be notified when you log in and/or we will send you a link to the new version of the Policy. Such changes will be posted on our Website and will be effective immediately upon posting. Mondoux asks you to review the revised Policy before continuing to use our Website. By continuing to use the Website after an update is posted, you consent to our use of your Personal Information in accordance with the amended Policy.